A Finnish socialist journalist at Turun Sanomat, Rebekka Härkönen, was condemned for fabricating the story of a Muslim migrant reported as ‘helping’ one of the injured in the street after the attack. Although the story was fabricated it had by then already circulated around the world.
Self-proclaimed ‘hero’ Hassan Zubier, 45
Moroccan ‘teenager’ who killed two women in Finland terror attack is TWENTY-TWO as it emerges he lied about his identity and tried to claim asylum as an unaccompanied minor
- The Moroccan suspect admitted carrying out the terror attack in Turku
- He told authorities his name was Abderrahman Mechkah, born in 1998
- In fact, his name is Abderrahman Bouanane, born in 1994
- It is being investigated as the country’s first ever terror attack
- Lawyer said his client admits manslaughter and causing injury
The ‘teenage’ Moroccan asylum seeker who has admitted to killing two people and wounding eight in what is believed to be Finland’s first ever terror attack, lied about his identity..
Abderrahman Bouanane, aged 22, claimed to be a 17-year-old boy called Abderrahman Mechkah when he arrived in Finland last year, and applied for asylum as an unaccompanied minor.
Bouanane appeared in court via video link last week, and confessed to carrying out the attack in Turku, but denied he had a terrorist motive.
Abderrahman Bouanane, 22, (pictured during the hearing at his hospital bed) confessed to carrying out the attack that left two women dead, but denied he had a terrorist motive