Syrian migrant who threw his three children from an upstairs window in row with his wife about her ‘traditional role’ is jailed for 15 years
- Syrian migrant found guilty of throwing his three children from a window
- He had rowed with his wife over her ‘wanting to be like European women’
- The incident happened in refugee shelter near Cologne, Germany
- His children, aged one to seven, were seriously injured but all survived
- He was jailed for 15 years after the trial at a court in Bonn, Germany
By Joseph Curtis For Mailonline
Published: 18:22, 4 November 2016
A Syrian migrant who threw his three children out of a window in a rage when his wife insisted on being treated like other European women has been jailed for 15 years.
During the trial in the western German city of Bonn, an expert confirmed that the father – who could not be named under German privacy laws – is fully responsible for his actions.
The shocking incident happened at refugee accommodation in a converted Chinese restaurant in Lohmar, a town close to Cologne in the Western German state of North Rhine-Westphalia.