Well, they are right.
Relatives of Paris massacre vow to boycott day of mourning because France’s ‘weak’ government ‘allowed’ the terror attack to happen
- Families of Paris attacks victims call for boycott to the day of mourning
- They accuse the French government of allowing the murders to happen
- Hollande has called for people to hang Tricolour flags outside homes
Families of those slaughtered during the Paris terrorist attacks today called for a boycott of a day of mourning after accusing the French government of allowing the murders to happen.
President Francois Hollande has called for people to hang Tricolour flags outside their homes on Friday as a service of hommage takes place at Les Invalides in the capital city.
It will be exactly two weeks after the massacres, which saw Islamic State terrorists kill 130 people using bombs and Kalashnikov.
But the loved ones of some victims said the government knew an attack was going to happen, and did hardly anything to prevent it.
Jean-Marie de Peretti, the father of Aurelie de Peretti, a 33-year-old musician killed in the Bataclan concert hall along with 88 others, said he would not be going to the service.
Referring to the Charlie Hebdo murders earlier this year, when IS-linked gunmen again brought carnage to the streets of Paris, Mr De Peretti said: ‘I remember the January attacks.
‘The very next day, there were strong announcements. For the protest rallies in the streets of Paris, security became a national cause. I believed it all! But what’s happened?’
Mr De Peretti, who has another daughter called Delphine who lives in London, told Nice Matin that Europe’s porous borders had allowed the killers to travel freely from Syria and back.
Emmanuelle Prevost, whose brother was also killed in the Bataclan, also called for a boycott of the day of mourning.
Writing on Facebook, Ms Prevost said: ‘As the family of François-Xavier Prevost, victim of this slaughter, we will not participate. We refuse the hand extended by the political representatives of France.’
Ms Prevost, from Lille, said there were too many French radicals being left alone as they amassed guns and prepared for jihad.
‘In France, it is possible to have a link with a terrorist network, to go to Syria and to come back freely,’ she said.
Referring to Jawad Bendaoud, a landlord who allowed the Paris terrorists to use his flat, she said: ‘Because in France, a man who committed a murder in 2006, was sentenced in 2008, was free in 2013.’
Also mentioning the Hebdo attacks, Ms Prevost said: ‘Nothing was done and ten months later the same men were able to start again, killing ten times as many people.’
In a personal message to Mr Hollande, Ms Prevost said: ‘No thank you Mr President. Your extended hand, your homage, we don’t want it and you are partly responsible for what has happened to us. It was necessary to act earlier. The attacks in January should have been enough!’