Updated 14 Sep 2015, 13:18:41, IndiaTVNews
New Delhi: Islamic State has surpassed all levels barbarism recorded in recent human history. Their atrocities have made Nazi war crimes look feeble in comparison, it seems. ISIS, so far, has attracted at least 12,000 fighters, since its inception several years ago.
The dreaded outfit is trying to portray a romantic image of the restoration of an Islamic golden age. However, Islamic State is fundamentally misogynist and, limits the role of women with its skewed interpretation of Islam.
The 9th edition of ISIS’s controversial propaganda magazine Dafiq ran a lengthy segments admitting to and justifying sex slavery. Moreover, it threatened to sell US first Lady Michelle Obama into sexual slavery for a third of a dinar.
The group which controls a territory larger than the United Kingdom and spans across the border between Syria and Iraq, last month, executed 19 women in its Iraqi stronghold of Mosul for refusing to have sex with fighters.
ISIS’s appeal lies in its shock value, to some extent they have succeeded in creating fear in people’s mind. Every time they release a video they defy human imagination of brutality. Given the scale of their brutality, it is very difficult to single out their crimes but here we have compiled a few acts of sexual terror that may shake your faith in humanity
1) According to a report by Raqqa News,a large section of ISIS members suffer from sexual anomalies and brutal instinctive desire for sex, they are subjecting their wives and slaves to “brutal” and “abnormal” sexual acts, which are causing many women to seek medical attention for their sex-related injuries.
2) The report states that the militants’ fetishes can be wild to the extent that militants often buy “strange” underwear for their women to wear and often brutally and violently abuse the women for their own pleasure during sex.
3) The report adds that militants often spend a portion of their salary seeking “blue pills,” like VIAGRA, to help prevent erectile dysfunction.
4) United Nations, in a report, noted that sexual violence is being committed strategically, in a widespread and systematic manner.It accounted some of the most horrifying stories of woman , including one who had been temporarily married over 20 times, after each occasion forced to undergo surgery to repair her virginity.
5) Teenage girls abducted by Islamic State fighters in Iraq and Syria are being sold in slave markets “for as little as a pack of cigarettes, the report said.
6) The women and mothers are separated; girls are stripped naked in slave Bazaar, tested for virginity and examined for breast size and prettiness. The youngest, and those considered the prettiest virgins fetch higher prices and are sent to Raqqa, the IS stronghold.
7) There is a hierarchy: sheikhs get first choice, then emirs, then fighters. They often take three or four girls each and keep them for a month or so, until they grow tired of a girl, when she goes back to market, the report claims.
8) “Our torturers do not even spare the women who have small children with them. Nor do they spare the girls – some of our group are not even 13 years old.The girls and women were abused up to three times a day by different groups of men”, a Yazdi rape survivor was quoted saying to Ttaly’s La Repubblica newspaper.
9) According to a manifesto on the role of women in the caliphate,which was released by the group’s all-female police unit, Al-Khansa Brigade, girls as young as 9-years-old are eligible to be married to fighters.
10) A New York Times reporter shared the chilling accounts of two very young Yazdi girls who were first explained how Quran permits them to rape slaves, then the fighters got on the floor and prostrated both in prayer before getting on top of them and raping them. And then after the rape, they took a shower and then prayed again.