A young medical student in Delhi, Jyothi Singh, went to an evening movie with a male friend. The pair start heading back home after the film, and while waiting for transport they get lured by a young Muslim male onto a bus on the pretence that the bus is heading their direction. But the bus is operated by six brutal rapists. Several of the men were serial rapists. Delhi has a staggering Muslim population. The male friend is beaten unconscious and the girl brutally raped. After taking turns to rape the girl the Muslim rapist, the youngest of the six and underaged, raped his victim twice and ripped out her intestines with his bare hands. The Muslim rapist used a wheel jack to stick up Jyothi’s vagina. They use so much force that pieces of her organs get pulled out with the rod while they laugh and hollered.
The beaten bodies of the girl and the boy is stripped naked and dumped into bushes on the freeway roadside. A samatarian responds to their feeble calls. He tries to get help to cover their naked bodies with a cloth. Onlookers gather but no one steps in to help. He goes across the road and gets hold of a bedsheets, brings it back and tears it in two to cover their bodies, while waiting for help to get them to a hospital. After investigations and arrestes, her rapists blame the girl for ‘asking’ for rape. She should just be silent and allow the rape, he says, and she would not been beaten so bad. That’s the reasoning. That’s Islamic reasoning as well in relation to women and the imaginary Muslim idea of honor.
A documentary was made about this rape case, called India’s Daughter, which has caused an outrage in India. The documentary has so far been banned in India.
In ancient India women used to walk bare chested without causing any rape epidemics. So where does all this savagery against women come from? After 800-years of Muslim rule the Hindu population is unaware that they are contaminated with Islamic ideals, and exercise all the barbarities and habits identical to Islamic societies and imported through Islamic rule. It should serve as a lesson to the rest of the world of the risks of bringing inhumane additions into society. In India today, the people assume Islamic savagery is part of their own “culture”. It has no background or part of their culture at all. They would be wise to do everything in their power to eliminate all Islamic traces from their culture, laws, and habits.
The juvenile accused in the gang-rape and murder of an Indian student has appeared in court where he pleaded not guilty to all the charges and said he would contest the allegations.
Juvenile in Delhi gang-rape and murder case pleads not guilty to charges
Andrew Buncombe Independent
Delhi, Thursday 28 February 2013
[h/t ex-Muslimah] According to several Indian media reports, a juvenile court in Delhi formally charged the 17-year-old with murder, rape, unnatural sex and conspiracy. According to a court schedule posted outside the building, police had brought a total of 17 charges against the teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons.
The juvenile, who was originally from the state of Uttar Pradesh and who moved to Delhi as an 11-year-old where he took up a series of menial jobs, was one of six males detained after the attack last December on a the female student and her male friend.
The pair were assaulted and beaten and the young woman was repeatedly raped when they boarded a bus after a visit to the cinema. She died two weeks later in a Singapore hospital.
The five men have been charged with gang-rape and their trial is proceeding in a fast-track court, from which the media and public have been banned. No detail of the evidence being heard in the Delhi court has been made available to the media, despite an appeal a higher judge.
The proceedings for the juvenile are taking place under similar conditions of privacy. On Wednesday, the judge hearing the case, principal magistrate Geetanjali Goel, declined to confirm to reporters even the most basic details. “At the end of the proceedings we will issue a judgement,” she said.
Two weeks ago, The Independent reported details of a statement purportedly recorded by police from the juvenile and presented as evidence. In the statement, the juvenile said that on the day of the attack, bus driver Ram Singh, one of the five adults charged over the killing, had told him “let’s go and have some fun today”.
The juvenile added: “Then Ram Singh was the first one to rape the girl. The girl kept screaming and howling but, in the moving bus, everybody raped her one by one. And they bit the girl on different parts of her body.”
The juvenile, who belongs to a Muslim family that lives near the town of Islam Nagar, also told police that after the six males had dumped the student and her male friend from the bus, they washed it off and then divided up the spoils of what they had stolen that night.
“I got one mobile and 1,100 rupees from the looted goods,” he said. “[Ram Singh] gave me one ATM card and asked me to keep it safe, [saying] ‘We will use it later to take out money’.”
The decision to try the 17-year-old as a juvenile rather than an adult, caused considerable consternation in India. Many argued that the law should be changed and that the age at which an individual is considered an adult altered to 16 rather than 18. The government declined to change the law and the authorities accepted school records that suggested he was born in June 4 1995.
As a result, while his five adult co-accused could face the death penalty if convicted, the maximum sentence he could face is three years detention in a juvenile facility. A member of his legal team previously said that the juvenile had been traumatised by watching television news reports that showed crowds demanding that he too should face the death penalty if found guilty.
The attack on the young woman and her male friend, 28-year-old Awindra Pandey, stunned India and triggered an unprecedented national debate about the role of women in Indian society and the ubiquity of sexual assaults. The government established a panel to come up with suggestions on how to improve the situation, some of which were taken up.
According to the Press Trust of India, the next hearing for the juvenile’s case was set for March 6 when the juvenile court will hear evidence relating to his alleged involvement in the assault on the young student.
The court hearing came as the Indian government announced a fund of Rupees 10bn (£125m) to help women’s safety. The fund will be called “Nirbhaya”, or fearless, the Hindi name that the Indian media has given to the 23-year-old physiotherapy student who tried to fight off her attackers.
“We have a collective responsibility to ensure the dignity and safety of women. Recent incidents have cast a long, dark shadow on our liberal and progressive credentials,” said finance minister P Chidambaram, as he announced India’s budget.
He added: “As more women enter public spaces – for education or work or access to services or leisure – there are more reports of violence against them. We stand in solidarity with our girl children and women and we pledge to do everything possible to empower them and to keep them safe and secure.”
According to Reuters, experts say the fund could be used for shelters, compensation and medical support for victims of rape, helplines, or public campaigns to change age-old patriarchal attitudes which promote violence against women.
The BBC is bringing forward the transmission of a hard-hitting documentary about the gang rape of a young woman in Delhi following the decision by Indian authorities to ban the film.
India’s Daughter had been scheduled for Sunday, International Women’s Day, but it will now air on Wednesday night on BBC4.
Documentary-maker Leslee Udwin, meanwhile, was reported by India’s NDTV channel to have decided to fly out of India due to fears she could be arrested.
The television channel also broadcast what it said was Udwin’s last interview before she left India. “I’m very frightened what’s going to happen next — I predict the whole world will point fingers at India now,” Udwin said. “It’s a tragedy — you’re shooting yourself in the foot.”
The BBC said it made the decision to bring forward the airing of India’s Daughter following international interest in the programme about the brutal rape in December 2012 of 23-year-old physiotherapy student Jyoti Singh.
BBC4 editor Cassian Harrison said the decision to move the “powerful and compelling” programme was made, “due to the international interest” in it.
“From our perspective, given the strong public interest we feel it’s important it gets out”, said Harrison, adding: “it is a shame that the authorities in India don’t want it to be shown.”
The BBC has not received any correspondence from the Indian government but said it would be unlikely to be able to ban it in the UK due to it being under a different jurisdiction.
The move was made after Indian authorities banned the domestic broadcast of the film and said they were also trying to prevent it from being shown worldwide.
India’s parliamentary affairs minister M Venkaiah Naidu declared: “We can ban the film in India. But this is an international conspiracy to defame India. We will see how the film can be stopped abroad too.”
Udwin appealed to Indian prime minister, Narendra Modi, to try and help get the ban overturned and “deal with this unceremonious silencing of the film”.
India’s Daughter includes interviews with one of the men convicted of the crime, who is now in prison in Delhi and waiting for the supreme court to hear his appeal against the death sentence.
In it, Mukesh Singh suggests his victim would not have been killed if she had not fought back against her attackers and appears to blame her for not behaving like “a decent girl”.
He says: “When being raped, she shouldn’t fight back. She should just be silent and allow the rape. Then they’d have dropped her off after ‘doing her’, and only hit the boy.”
Although it has been banned in India, India’s Daughter is due to be aired by broadcasters in Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway and Canada, as well as on BBC4.
Full documentary here: