- Was Boston bomber inspired by Doku Umarov? Mother claims FBI tracked older brother ‘for five years’ after being told by Moscow of links to Chechen terrorists (thisismoney.co.uk)
- FBI tracked brother ‘for 5 years,’ linked to Chechen terrorist Doku Umarov (riehlworldview.com)
- Chechen Bombers Linked to ‘Russia’s Bin Laden’? (frontpagemag.com)
- Chechens’ history marred by terror (bostonherald.com)
- Chechen Bombers Linked to ‘Russia’s Bin Laden’? (themuslimissue.wordpress.com)
- Chechnya’s unrest casts long shadows (smh.com.au)
- Chechen “Islamist” Leader Doku Umarov Is At War with Russia, not the US (therearenosunglasses.wordpress.com)
- The Boston blowback – Pepe Escobar (dprogram.net)
- Chechnya, Dagestan, and the North Caucasus: A Very Brief History (blogs.smithsonianmag.com)
The seed money of major North Caucasus or Chechen terrorist groups such as the Caucasus Emirate, the Islamic International Peacekeeping Brigade (IIPB), the Special Purpose Islamic Regiment (SPIR) and the Riyadus-Salikhin Reconnaissance and Sabotage Battalion of Chechen Martyrs (RSRSBCM) can all be traced back to Al Qaeda and Osama bin Laden.
Although we don’t yet know to which groups the two Russian-born brothers of Chechen descent who were identified as suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings may belong, it’s important to take a look back at the origins of the money behind the North Caucasus jihadist network overall.
Islamic International Peacekeeping Brigade
The Council on Foreign Relations says that, “According to the U.S. State Department, the Islamic International Peacekeeping Brigade is the primary channel for Islamic funding of the Chechen guerillas, in part through links to al-Qaeda-related financiers on the Arabian Peninsula.”
The Middle East Forum has more on IIPB:
View original post 670 more words