Europes sole hero is having the last laugh: You can fool some people some of the time, but you can’t fool all of them all of the time. Fearless freedom fighter Geert Wilders has been much vilified and smeared in the press, but continues to build strong support and votes amongst his people.
The socialist extremist left has enjoyed decades of distortions and lies to the public. In September 2012 they gloated that ‘His Freedom party lost more than a third of its seats‘ while forgetting to mention that so did all parties at the time, except the Socialists.
And al Jazeera was of course the most ecstatic with titles like “The rise and fall of Geert Wilders?”. al Jazeera observed, ‘Although they share his loathing of Islam, immigration and the European Union, a significant amount of his supporters are also getting tired of his antics.’
Hm… hardly. Here’s the latest results, below.
Wilders published the version of his political manifesto called Klare Wijn (“Clear Wine”) in March 2006. The program proposed ten key points to be implemented:
- Considerable reduction of taxes and state regulations.
- Replacement of the present Article 1 of the Dutch constitution, guaranteeing equality under the law, by a clause stating the cultural dominance of the Christian, Jewish and humanist traditions.
- Reduction of the influence of the European Union, which may no longer be expanded with new member states, especially Turkey; the European Parliament will be abolished. Dutch financial contributions to the European Union should be reduced by billions of euros.
- A five-year moratorium on the immigration of non-Western foreigners who intend to stay in the Netherlands. Foreign residents will no longer have the right to vote in municipal elections.
- A five-year moratorium on the founding of new mosques and Islamic schools; a permanent ban on preaching in any language other than Dutch. Foreign imams will not be allowed to preach. Radical mosques will be closed and radical Muslims will be expelled.
- Restoration of educational standards, with an emphasis on the educational value of the family.
- Introduction of binding referenda and elected mayors, chiefs of police and prime ministers.
- Introduction of minimum penalties, and higher maximum penalties; introduction of administrative detention for terrorist suspects. Street terrorism will be punished by boot camps and denaturalisation and deportation of immigrant offenders.
- Restoration of respect and better rewards for teachers, policemen, health care workers and military personnel.
- Instead of complicated reorganisation, a more accessible and humane health care system, especially for elderly citizens.
Cyprus resentment: Wilders the largest party
In the new forecast by Maurice de Hond, the PVV party lead by Geert Wilders took the lead this week with a majority votes. PVV is now the largest political party in the (Dutch) parliament with 24 relative seats. The poll as a whole gives a fragmented and cluttered image.
According to the pollster this is due to the crisis around Cyprus. VVD voters in the panel of the top dog by that sad condition would defect to the PVV.
The VVD Prime Minister Mark Rutte has apparently not succeeded to be clear to the euro supporters that a failure of Cyprus, means the Dutch citizens have to leave the ship.