News of Muslims Leaving Islam
- According to research carried out by the respected Pakistani-born American Muslim Dr. Ilyas Ba-Yunus (1932 – 2007), 75% of New Muslim Converts in the US leave Islam within a few years. Listen to the clip detailing this research (listen on Youtube)
- 2011 Pew worldwide study: “Islam loses as many adherents via conversion as it gains”
- 2 million ethnic Muslims converted to Christianity in Russia
“The number of ethnic Muslims in Russia who adopted Christianity is 2 million, while the number of the Orthodox who have been converted to Islam is only 2,5 thousand…The proportion of Muslims in North Ossetia has decreased at least by 30%, while in Beslan itself, where Muslims had comprised from 30 to 40% of the population, their number has decreased at least by half.”
Roman Silantyev: executive secretary of the Inter-religious Council in Russia
“Islam used to represent, as you previously mentioned, Africa’s main religion and there were 30 African languages that used to be written in Arabic script. The number of Muslims in Africa [a land of 1 billion] has diminished to 316 million, half of whom are Arabs in North Africa…In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity. Everyday, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Ever year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity. These numbers are very large indeed”.
Shaykh Ahmed Katani
The number of Muslim-born converts to Christianity in Egypt, who are keeping their faith secret, has reached several million. Due to the State Security’s persecution, torture and rape, they have established outside Egypt an organization called “Freed by Christ” as well as “Way TV” to speak on their behalf to the West, and expose their sufferings at the hands of State Security. It is headed by the Christian convert Dr. Mohamad Rahouna, ex-dean of the Faculty of Arabic Studies, Minya University, who fled to the United States.
- Muslim Preachers, Dawa Missionaries, Islamic Scholars, Mullahs, & Imams Leave Islam and Enter Christianity
- 200,000 Muslims leave Islam in the UK
- Million Iranians (particularly young people and women) leave Islam and join Evangelical churches in the past 5 years
- France: Around 15,000 Muslims each year are converting to Christianity – around 10,000 to Catholicism and 5,000 to Protestantism.
- Thousands of Bangladeshi, North African, Kashmiri, Indian Muslims, Central Asian Muslims Leave Islam and Embrace Christ
“The percentage of Muslims declined from 84 percent of the total population in 2001 to 79.3 percent in 2004. In terms of figures…some 100,000 Muslims, of the country’s five million population, have converted to Christianity.”
Omurzak Mamayusupov: the director of Kyrgyzstan’s religious affairs committee
“According to A.T. Willis and others between 2 or 3 million Muslims converted to Christianity after the massacres of the communists in Indonesia, in 1965”
- More Muslims have come to Christ in the last two decades that in all of history – Charisma Magazine article
- Hundreds of Muslims across Israel and the Palestinian areas have come to Christ – SBC article from June/July 2002 Issue
“We have churches that have grown 802%. Many converts have come from Islam with no Christian heritage, no Christian background, no resources whatsoever, no training. But they just believe in God and His Word…In every village and every town there are Christians, and there are churches,..In one town, actually there are more churches than mosques, which is a big miracle to happen in the Middle East…I know of many, many churches today who baptize about 120 to 150 every year. I have never been to a church in the west or anywhere in the world where the church is already packed 2 1/2 hours before the meeting.” That’s happening in Algeria.
Pastor Youssef Jacob with Operation Mobilization
- Counter culture? Few Pak youths giving up Islam – Pakistani youths turning to agnosticism and atheism
- Jheains To Enforce Apostasy Law – Malaysian agency vows to enforce Apostasy law due to “scores of Muslim converts” leaving Islam
- Young Iraqis are losing their faith in religion – Sabrina Tavernise, New York Times, March 3, 2008